- What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It.We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on the App. But, we do receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- Third Party Accounts. You may choose to access the Services by clicking on a ‘connect’ or ‘sign-in’ button that we may display on the Site or App for a designated third party website or service (each a “Third Party Account“), such as Facebook or Twitter. Doing so will enable you to link your activity in connection with the Services and your Third Party Account. If you choose this option, then you will be required to approve the connection as well as the types of information (which may include Personal Information) that we will obtain from your Third Party Account and the types of activities that we may perform in connection with your Third Party Account. Additionally, we may in the future allow you to publish posts from the Services to your Third Party Accounts. Please note that in order to use these options, you will need to have, and may need to be signed-in to, an existing Third Party Account.
- ‘Contact Us’ Information. If you send us a “Contact Us” request, whether by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending an email to an email address that we display, you may be required to provide us with certain information such as your name and email address.
- Share with Friends Service. The App may enable you to invite your friends to use our Services by sending them an invitation email. You may do so by: (i) using the App to send or post an invitation message via your Third Party Account; and/or (ii) using the App to send an invitation email to your friend’s external email address (for example, a Gmail address). If you send or post an invitation message we may collect Personal Information about the recipient such as their email address or their party website account user name and id.
- Location Data. We may provide certain location-based services (“Location Services“) in connection with the App that are dependent on data related to the geographic location of your mobile device on which the App is installed (“Location Data“). We may also collect your Location Data to analyze trends, gather demographic information, or send or allow messages to be sent to users from a certain location. If you install the App, you agree that we may collect or obtain Location Data from your mobile device.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. The App may utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about App activity. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by an App user. The tracking technologies may be used to present you with advertising information is customized for you.
- Purchases. The App may include the option to purchase certain products or services from us, including, but not limited to, subscription to the Services or access to certain parts of the Services. If you choose to make a purchase you will be referred to a third-party billing company (“Billing Company“) which will process the transactions on our behalf. The Billing Company may require you to provide it with sufficient information in order to complete the transaction. Such information could include a credit card number and related account and billing information, invoice related information, and other data required to process the order.
- Mobile Device Data. We may collect limited information from your mobile device in order to provide the App. Such information may include your mobile device type, mobile device id, IP address and date and time stamps of App use. In addition, we may deploy tracking technologies within the App (as described above) to help us gather aggregate statistics such as a user’s television watching habits andor user’s television and/or device type, but we will not use Personal Information for such purposes.
- The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Services, then we may use such Personal Information in the following ways:
- We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Services, to contact you in connection with the Services and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Services that you are authorized to access.
- We may use your designated email address to: (i) send you updates or news regarding the Services and our products; and/or (ii) respond to a “Contact Us” or administrative request (for example, to change your password).In addition, if you choose to send your friend an invitation email or message we will use the contact information that you provide, or make available, to automatically send your friend an invitation email or message. Your name and email address may be included in the invitation email or message.
- We may use Google’s Advertising ID service, which is an anonymous identifier that enables us to personally customize the advertising materials you will be exposed to, by creating a unique advertising ID for each user. Please note that you can reset your advertising ID at any time, from the Ads section of the Google Settings app on your device. From the same app, you can also opt-out of targeted advertising based on the advertising ID by setting the appropriate ad tracking preference. Additionally, we will use the Advertising ID service in accordance with the Google Play Developer Content Policies.
- We may use the Google Analytics service in order to provide and improve our Services and to improve our marketing and advertising methods. If you want to learn more about Google Analytics’ information usage, please refer to following link: How Google uses data when you use our partners.
- We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Services if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iii) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of SureMote, our users, yourself or the public.
- Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our Services and enhance your experience with the Services. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Services. We may use the Anonymous Information in order to statistically analyze SureMote users’ activity in connection with the Services. Such Anonymous Information may include, but not be limited to, your country of residence, mobile device type and date and time stamps of App use. In addition, we may deploy tracking technologies within the App to help us gather aggregate statistics such as user’s television watching habits.
- Children’s Privacy. The Services are not structured to attract children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at: email@example.com.
- The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information we hold. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.
- California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
- Our California Do Not Track Notice. We do not track consumers over time and across third party websites and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track signals. We allow third parties, such as companies that provide us with analytics tools, to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Services.
Last updated: 23 September 2014